Dr Johnson’s Dining Chair

In 1888, the Cock Tavern in Fleet Street was refurbished and Dr Johnson’s Dining Chair found a new home with T Fisher Unwin, publisher and  co-founder of the Johnson Club.  His widow donated the chair to Dr Johnson’s House.

13 December 1887, O’Connor Power was elected Prior of the Johnson Club.

In 1920, Fisher Unwin published Michael MacDonagh’s The Home Rule Movement, partly based on O’Connor Power’s papers.